Saturday 16 April 2011

Introduction

As a mum of twin boys aged 11 with Tourettes I thought I would start a blog to record some of the ups and downs in the lives of a family living with Tourettes Syndrome.It is extremely difficult for the boys living with the condition and it puts a lot of stress and strain on the family.
The boys are in year 6 and will be making transition into secondary school in September one area we are already having difficulties with and I would like to record our experiences.
Both boys already find school a very difficult anxiety provoking environment and have missed a considerable amount of school.

My boys are wonderful, happy, funny, sensitive caring children and tourettes can be a cruel condition to live with. 

I hope over the coming weeks I can give others an insight into our world.