Friday 28 February 2014

Latest poem

When tourettes reared its ugly head for my two beautiful boys
Little did I know it would take away many of the childhood joys
I feel cheated and hurt and feel I have missed out
Yes this is all about me today – I feel the need to shout !
I have changed into someone I hardly recognise
I am a grumpy stress monster under this disguise
Oh I can put on a brave face, that can be done with ease
A smile, a bit of make up, Im willing to please
But only I know in private the tears that are shed
The frustration and screaming that goes on in my head
Every day is a struggle one way or another
Its hard with teenagers as a mother
But with anxiety, stress and tics in the pot
Every day –‘ will they get to school or not?’
It seems to get harder and harder each day, and Im finding it a struggle I have to say

No comments:

Post a Comment