Thursday 27 June 2013

another little poem by me


The teenage years

As they grow from toddler to teen

From fresh little faces to the great unclean

You realise how the years have flown

Your cute little child has suddenly grown.

From sitting in the bath and playing with toys

You have to nag them to shower – is that just boys?

You can’t understand them when they speak

You ask them to repeat it and get a lot of cheek

With fluffy hair on the upper lip, you daren’t enter their bedroom

It’s a tip !!!!

With clothes strewn around and plates on the floor, I’m no longer allowed in unless I knock on the door.

On the computer for hour upon hour

Don’t you have homework to do ? I say, ignoring the glower.

I would give anything to go back in time

To spend a day with those boys of mine,

As babies, as toddlers as sweet little boys

I would spend more time with them playing with toys.

I would forget the cleaning the washing of clothes and play this little piggy with their cute little toes.

I would ignore the tedious chores to be done,

I would simply sit down with them and have some fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment